Restaurants have always played host to numerous major life events. From the simplest dinners to the grandest of weddings, people hold celebrations in these festive venues. This makes restaurant trends important to everyone. Beyond providing food and drink, restaurants play a crucial role in the lives of people. They help fulfill the basic human need to connect with others and to shape social relationships. From sci-fi-like robot chefs to cutting-edge self-service kiosks, we’ve compiled a list of trends that experts think will impact the restaurant industry in 2019.
- People value transparency and health more
- The fast-casual restaurant market will boom more
- Food delivery will soar high in the sky
- Robot chefs now cook in our kitchens
- Staffing gets more challenging
- The self-service kiosks take-over
- Wellness champions conquer dining venues
- Limited-time-offers becoming more frequent
- The massive online ordering boom
- The dining experience experimentation
Some things like great food and good customer service will always be fashionable in as far as restaurants are concerned. Trends always emerge on the horizon. Restaurant owners must keep up with new and upcoming trends to thrive and succeed. It’s the best way to offer regulars exceptional dining experience and entice potential customers searching for a new dining adventure.